ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
ive installed a digitrax SDH164D decoder , by hard wiring into a older athearn deisel engine , it programmed fine but it stops 1-2 sec. when going on track layout and then starts up agian, how do i fix that? any help be great, Thanks G
does it stop in certain spots? Also is it just that particular loco that has the problem and if so I'd check to see if you have wired wrong or if a connection might be poorly soldered, that's all that I can think of, I will admit I am no expert in the least but I would think that it is a good starting point to diagnosis of the problem.
cheers,
-Andrew
it stops at random places and its just this loco, my others do fine. It responds to commands fine also, just stops and restarts ?
Thanks G
What kind of current draw do you have with this older loco? Kind of sounds like a component heating up then cooling off. Just an idea (may not be a good one) but it's an idea
Cheers
Willis
Is it possibly a loose wire?
Have you reset the decoder to the factory default settings?
Dirty track? Poor pickups on the wheels?
I wanted to thank everyone for there help, I now have a well working Diesel. I think the problem was poor current in the trucks. thanks Ian
G
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)