Hello

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


KillerBigBoy4002

Steam King
I am new here and i am perhaps the biggest (if not the only) Steam freak in my high school.

Although I do have 2 diesels and 1 Electric, all the rest of my colletion of 12 HO scale engines are Steam.

My collection inludes a Santa Fe 4-6-2, A B&O American 4-4-0 class, And a Mis-Colored Union Pacific Big Boy, just to name a few.

My favorite Engine of all time is the True King of the Rails, The Union Pacific Big Boy! :D:cool:
 
Heelo and welcome to the board. I have always been a steam fan especially of the bigger types. However I am used to N&W A class & Y6b's and B&O EM-1's. But I also like the Berkshires which I think are my #1q fav and N&W J class. But my interests have shifted a little and I am looking into the Great Northern's 2-8-8-0's. The Big Boys are def in a class by themselves.
 
Welcome KBB, there are alot of steam wranglers here......so you'll feel right at home! I like the gear driven steamers used on logging railroads.


Mike
 


Now I would stick to running the model steam locomotives.......because honestly......it's hard to get parts for the real ones now-a-days.......dog gone it! :rolleyes:


Mike
 
Welcome to the Forums, Killer. Steam is a good addiction to have. The same thing that killed steam originally (maintenance costs) is one of the prime reasons keeping it from being run regularly on excursion trains.
 
I have visited: 1 Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range No. 604, And Nickel Pate No. 755. Both of these Engines have since become my friends.

I wish I could find models of both Engines.
 
I'm a steam fan like you. All my HO model locos are steam.

I've chased UPs 844 a couple of times when it passed through Oklahoma and I check out steamers in museums whenever I can.

It is too bad that none of the Big Boys are running. Then again I understand the cost of rebuilding and operating one of these giants.

I volunteer at a railway museum here and it has a small steamer - an 0-6-0T that will never run again. The museum is too small to afford to rebuild it. We can barely keep our 1950s diesels running.

Welcome to the forums.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top