ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I have been collecting die cast aircraft for past 10 years. I have a few HO scale locos included in my collection. I want to learn more about them.
Hi Peewee!
Welcome to the best railroad forum and the only one I use!
You can find experts in all aspects of the hobby here and if you have a specific question I suggest you start a new thread and you will more then likely get your answers.
Hi Peewee!
Welcome to the best railroad forum and the only one I use!
You can find experts in all aspects of the hobby here and if you have a specific question I suggest you start a new thread and you will more then likely get your answers.
My first train I still have. A mid 50s American Flyer. I have the loco and one box car. Don't know what happened to the rest of the train. I also have a mid 50s HO train. Of late I have gained other locos that I want to learn more about. All are HO scale I do believe.
Well-Known Member
Staff member
If you can post some pics Peewee, there's sure to be some of the "longtoothers" on here can help with the identification. What's your purpose? To continue as a collector or are you thinking of running some?
I'm better at displaying something than running it. I've got too many projects lined up that would prevent me from building a layout within the next few years. I'm not sure some of them were meant to run anyway.
Well-Known Member
Staff member
I wasn't inferring that there was anything wrong with just displaying, a lot of us have displays, either in cases or on shelves where we like to just drool over them while they're not on a layout. There are some awesome examples of dioramas done by members that are totally exquisite. I think you'll enjoy yourself here.
I did look at a few of the threads. One I found interesting had a video. The fellow had somehow modified his locos to sound like turbines. Two things made me laugh (in a good way). The first was his camera was mounted on the tracks ahead of the engine. The second was when the train came to a crossing. Bells, flashing lights, etc but what made me chuckle was the car stopped at the gate. The set was so detailed I wonders why no smoke coming from the exhaust of the car? And why the brake lights of the car were not on? Of course a silly thing to be sure but the entire video was very well done. Now with computer chips and I do not know what else we have come a long way in model railroading since the 50s.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)