Hello From Louisiana

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


koolmath5

New Member
Hello,
Hi folks, after finding all the boxes of slot cars ad HO scale railroads in my parent's attic I decided to make the space for my own new layout. I started collecting model railroading pieces in 1977 when I was a young boy.
I enjoy the modeling part of the hobby the most. Building and weathering HO scale buildings and terrain is my real love. If I could get paid to do that my life would be perfect.
Living in Louisiana there are not many model railroading or slot car clubs that I have found. Most folks around here spend their off time hunting and fishing, I am the anomaly. Maybe I will find folks to start a club locally in my area on this site.
I hope to learn and gain inspiration from the many posts I have seen so far and I also hot to post pics of my work. The latter to get feedback on my work.
 
Welcome to the forum, and welcome [back?] to the hobby! There are lots of great people on this site, you came to the right place.

... If I could get paid to do that my life would be perfect. ...
I used to believe that myself. But after talking to people who've 'been there and done that', I learned that in most cases, working in the mrr field diminished their enthusiasm for doing mrr in their off hours. [Of course there are exceptions - Howard Zane, Rick Rideout and George Sellios come to mind...]

... Most folks around here spend their off time hunting and fishing, I am the anomaly. ...
I guess I too am an 'anomaly' in my area. Several of my mrr friends here in Maryland are also avid hunters and fishermen. But with my somewhat limited disposable income I can barely afford mrr, let alone a fishing boat/trailer and rod & reel!:eek:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kool;

What part of LA you live in? I know that Lk Charles has a club, and so does Shreveport. I would imagine that NO has at least one club too!

Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I do mine!

Happy railroading,

GT Dan
 


Thank You for the info. I live in Slidell which is about 40 minutes from New Orleans and 2 hours from Baton Rouge. I am looking for clubs in my area with no luck.
 
There is a club in the mall in Gautier, MS probably about 1:15 minutes drive from you. Also I am about 1:45 - 2:00 hrs from you. My Oct ops session will be at 1pm on Sat, Oct 20th. Send me a PM if you are interested in attending and I will give you directions.

Glenn
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top