Hello from Alberta

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


yvesmary

New Member
Hello fellow modelers,

I'm from Central Alberta. I like CP steam and diesels. Want to install sound in some of my older locomotives and have been searching sites for repowering. But it seems difficult to find motor specs on a lot of sites that are suitable for DCC.

This looks like a pretty good forum and happy to be here.

Cheers,

Yves
 
Hello back at ya from Central Manitoba! (home of the railway with the same name)
I've been all thru Alberta on the tracks, might be doing that again this year.
Have you tried Tony's Trains for tech tips?
 


Some fantastic photos there Matt.

The two most beautiful locos in the world, the Royal Hudson and the FPs in maroon and gray.

It's been 4-5 years since I was in Calgary. I was shocked to see the stockyards gone and now I guess Ogden is going to disappear.

Time marches on.
 
Yeah, Ogden came as a shock to me too...I never realized that so much work is no longer done by the railway. It seems to be troubling CP as far as its fleet of older power is concerned, now it looks like they have to be serviced elsewhere!
 
OK, so I'll be the first to say welcome from the states!!! ;) We can't have this all be a Canadian thing!! More international I'd say. Please post pictures, we all love to see others work.
 


Hello from Windsor, Ontario. I hear you on the mail thing, I have 7 packages that shoulf be here soon now it rolling again..,.
 
Snow Birds????

Well, I am at the other border but we see a lot of Northern people from October to April. A few of us have a weekly club meeting, Rail Roadrunners of Yuma. Always welcome guests and visitors, NO Fees. Just starting a 5'x10' "portable" HO layout. We also have a couple of small N layouts. We are listed daily in the Yuma Sun paper so look us up when you get down here or tell your friends to. Might want to bring a Canadian loco too.

Glen Wasson aka Armchair armchairmodeling.blogspot.com

PS Forgot to add that it has finally warmed up, been over 100F for the last couple of weeks, 117F yesterday. Eat your heart out!!!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Northern Alberta!

Matt, I think it's funny that you're modelling my home town! You don't see that often.
I'm not the only one! Castlegar's got some good rail action.
I'm also modeling my fiance's home town, but it's completely unrelated to her living there ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see another Canuck on the forum. I was born in Edmonton and lived in Embarras Portage,which was located in Wood Bufalo Park. I have lived in western and central manitoba since 1960.I am modelling the Greater Winnipeg Water District. Hope to see some of your models. Ron.
 
Thank you for the welcome.

All my models are Ready-to-Run but I would like to get into scratch building. It seems pretty interesting if I can figure out where to start.

Cheers,

Yves
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top