Heads up!!!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Burlington Bob

Well-Known Member
Just in case this may save someone some grief, I'm posting this link to the Model Railroader forum. Hopefully, this isn't breaking any rules. I think it is something that everyone should be aware of if they are thinking about sending their equipment off to this person in particular and some steps to take to protect yourself in any event.

http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/212371.aspx
 


I am using IE8 still, Jeff, and it didn't work again just now. I tried compatability mode and that worked.
 
Bob;

Its guys like this that give E-bay a real bad name.

In over 10 years of dealing with E-bay, I've never had a bad transaction. I guess that's because I extremely careful.
 
I've never done any Ebay transactions yet, but I have done a lot of looking. I've seen some that I think would be very trustworthy and reputable, but there are still those that look a little on the shady side. I may buy something someday...........maybe.
 
Just in case this may save someone some grief, I'm posting this link to the Model Railroader forum. Hopefully, this isn't breaking any rules. I think it is something that everyone should be aware of if they are thinking about sending their equipment off to this person in particular and some steps to take to protect yourself in any event.

http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/212371.aspx



Thanks for posting this Bob, it's a sad state of affairs when people start resorting to this kind of thing as it makes everyone uneasy about dealing with anyone else. Indeed as a small business owner this works a hardship on me and others as well.

>The link to MR did open and I read about O. Kamoto's info and plight about this individuals actions: Here is his old ebay name: ho-scale-model-supply,
real name is Jay Czarnick and he is from New York.<

I have some legal knowledge as I took an Massachusetts Ins Co to Court for a, 'Bad Faith Claim or Breach of the Covenient' handling all the filings and writing motions myself to fight against the attornies for the ins. co. and won the case when it went to Court, 30 to 45 minutes minutes in trial.

Now while my case and this mail fraud case are not the same there are a number of things that do apply.

1st. Ebay is allowing this guy continued advertising and they surely bear some responsibility as it would only seem likely and logical others have also reported his illicit actions, just as they came forward to substantiate O. Kamoto as having had the same experience.

So, I feel it would be safe in assuming ebay knew, or should have known, about this and looked the other way as did PayPal which would implicate both of them by their willful actions to aid and abet this individual to perpetrate a fraud by willingly allowing his continued selling of illicitly obtained merchandise, in this instant case railroad cars etc. Also if this guy has changed his name and continues to do the same thing that would more than implicate ebay and paypal by their own inactions especially since O. Kamoto requested their help in resolving the matter, which should have alerted them and they did nothing yet they still allow his fraudulent advertising to draw in more unsuspecting individuals! I'm wondering if they could be part of the scam??


It would seem to me O. Kamoto has a very clear cut case of internet fraud and should contact the Consumer Fraud Division of the Department of Weights & Measures and they will take action!


Again Bob thanks for posting!
 
I've never done any Ebay transactions yet, but I have done a lot of looking. I've seen some that I think would be very trustworthy and reputable, but there are still those that look a little on the shady side. I may buy something someday...........maybe.


I've bought on ebay and only had one bad experience where I paid for merchandise I won the bid on through PP and the guy never sent the item as I guess he didn't as much as he wanted? After a bit of trouble PP did get me my money back.
 


There are thiefs in every walk of life. This particular one needs to be tied down to a railroad track and...... you know.
 
I've bought on ebay and only had one bad experience where I paid for merchandise I won the bid on through PP and the guy never sent the item as I guess he didn't as much as he wanted? After a bit of trouble PP did get me my money back.

I myself have been eBaying for five years atleast. I've bought CD's, DVD's, Model trains, Warhammer models and supplies, and other random items.

I am glad to say I have not ever had a transaction that has gone south. Every time I paid, I've gotten my item. Knock on wood.

We had a similar criminal in the world of Warhammer a couple years ago. A teenage kid was trying to sell multiples of the same auction and never actually sent out any items. ($200 worth here). The trouble then dissapeared for a while, until the same person offered painting services for Warhammer miniatures. Again, this was all fraud and he ended up with items from so many people it was just plain ridiculous. The kicker was a former friend of the kid ratted him out and threw out his address and phone number on the Warhammer forums he frequented, and this resulted in many angry calls to a very horrified parental unit. Not sure what happened after that.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top