has NS released any of the heritage paint jobs

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


You'd have to convince CP to start a heritage program first!

Off the top of my head, the following railroads have "official" (that is, not some one-off unit, or unrepainted older units but an actual program) heritage unit programs.

Union Pacific (6 units total, all in service)
Norfolk Southern (20 units total, 9 in service)
Pan Am Railways (4 units total, 2 in service, possible option to expand to 6 units)
Amtrak (5 units total, all in service, not counting the 40th Anniversary equipment. Phase V heritage unit isn't actually a heritage unit, but was designated as one)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Erie Unit!!!!!

Here she is:

8665.1337989946.jpg
 


Theyre actually hoping to have all 20 done by the end of June so they can be in Spencer for the gathering.;)
I want a poster size copy of the portait lol.
 
I won't be there as I have a prior family commitment, but I'd love a poster. I may go on one of the ns steam excursions in June though.
 


These are awesome! I think the Lehigh Valley is my fav. I really like the first paint scheme as well. NS has done a great job with these.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top