ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Good morning/afternoon/evening....
39 year old guy here from sunny Southern California! Like many of you I am returning back to a hobby that brought me great joys when I was younger and had a more "disposable" income. Now I'm married with two young boys and although it's been many years since I've been active in this great hobby the railroad bug has never truly left my veins. I still get excited watching trains and I get to relive the excitement of young eyes that are captivated by trains through my sons.
So I've stumbled upon this great looking forum and I look forward to chatting with you and learning a thing or two about what's been going on with this hobby since I was last active many years ago.

G'day From Australia...You've 'stumbled' on the best rail forum going....Great people...fantastic topics...lots of help...You'll have a ball...I do....Cheers Rod..
Sunny Southern California is a pretty big place.
Is there a reason you don't want us to know where?
On the plus side: The option (but not requirement) for DCC control of your trains; great running locos and rolling stock - nicely detailed too; more scenicking stuff; and the internet with forums and blogs and personal sites and more ways to search for those little odds and ends that were so hard to come by. On the downside: fewer kits / more rtr; a little more expensive; fewer brick and mortars to idle away a few hours.
Still, it's a great time to be playing with trains. Well sure, it's always great time to be playing with trains. Welcome back!
Welcome aboard. I'm from Snowy Indiana. Glad to have you and hope you make more than 2 posts

You will notice a pattern with my posts after a while. I work as a security officer on weekends and I just get to sit around and be on my laptop all night so I make my rounds on various forums so you will see I only post on weekends

Sunny Southern California is a pretty big place.
Is there a reason you don't want us to know where?
No reason at all. I live in a small mountain community in the San Bernardino mountains called Crestline.
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard!
How old are your boys? I have 2 grandsons, 4 and 5 full of energy and fun!
No reason at all. I live in a small mountain community in the San Bernardino mountains called Crestline.
That's a pretty area. Big welcome to you, Thanks.
No reason at all. I live in a small mountain community in the San Bernardino mountains called Crestline.
Crestline brings me memories of my ute (youth). As you read you will come to people with a club in Big Bear just down the street from you, you might make friends with them. As the crow flies I'm not far away in Lake Havasu City. Enjoy the forum!
Great ages! I bet they are fun to be with! You guys will have lots of fun reactivating your hobby! Do they play little league baseball?
Don't get discouraged if they seem to lose interest in trains. If they are like my grandsons the enthusiasm comes in waves. The trains are inside toys so when they are not outside they compete with video games and other toys. Some days the trains never move other days the run almost non stop. Just keep working on your layout and they will come and go with you.
I have set up a Lionel O gauge layout on the floor for my boys and they play with that more then they do my layout. They like to be independent and run their railroad their own way. They fill their gondolas with an odd collection of freight! They really love the new Lionel LionChief sets with remote control. If you are interested to know more I started thread about them. Thread:
Great Starter Sets for Youngsters My boys had difficulty with the HO trains, but no trouble with the O gauge. You have an older boy that might do well and help his younger brother with their own HO set with EZ track to set up on the floor.
Keep us up to date with your progress. Thanks for sharing your hobby with us!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)