Greetings from Oregon

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Chaostrain

New Member
Hello,
I am in the process of starting a new layout with my wife. Our railroad theme is going to be post apocalypse Steampunk. We are going to model in HO because of the extensive modifications we will be doing to just about everything. We decided this was as small as we could go for our limited space but still be able to see what we're doing.
We are going to go with a 6' X 18' table layout that I'm going to build as 6 2.5' X 3' and 6 3.5' X 3' modules. We are still in the design stage and just looking around.
I was modeling in N but with the move the layout had to be dismantled. Actually it looks like it was moved by a tornado and shoved in the garage by a hurricane. Glad I never made it to the scenery.
I did learn a lot with the N layout since I just jumped in and started
building. Things like the tube for toilet paper rolls are perfect for super
elevation of the track. By slitting the roll and cutting off strips I'd clue
them down under the outside half of the cork roadbed but against the inside
half. Then just tack the track down on top. I was able to run trains at such a
slow crawl that you could barley tell they were moving or at full speed and
never have a break in power connection or have a any derailments.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the discussions and the discoveries.
Richard
 
Welcome to the Forums, Richard. This is the best place on the web for model railroading. I must say that your plans for a layout are the most unusual that I've heard. You'll have to keep us posted with your progress.
 
Hello and welcome aboard. Gonna have to second that as it sounds interesting. Keep us posted.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top