Grandt Line structures.. worth it?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


DaSaintFan

New Member
Okay, after finally getting my industry track laid out (still have to do some major work on the scenery... ), and some deep though about it... I decided to go with a petroleum refinery for my primary industry location, but when I stopped off in one of the LHS's last night, I wasn't too thrilled with what I saw there... So I'm going to check another shop either tonight or this weekend..

So now, I'm contemplating ordering a Grandt Line structure [GLM-5907] online (I'm pretty sure my other shop doesn't carry GL in stock.)...

So my question is how does GL compare to the Cornerstone, Life-like, etc in terms of appearance and details?
 
Grant Line's wood structure kits are very nice. The feed store kit, for example, has much finer detail than most plastic kits. For an oil terminal, though, I'd have to go with Walthers. Their kit is better detailed and easier to construct. Either kit is nice, I just think that Walthers is a better deal for the money.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top