ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hello All,
So I've been traveling a bunch but looks like I'll be home most of the winter which should afford me some quality time to work on the railroad! Now I'm nowhere near as far along as I'd like, but hey this is my first crack at my own layout. Anyway, over my travels I've collected a couple new toys and decided to go with a different Railroad and Era than what I had previously with my BNSF engines.
Anyway I saw a couple ATSF locos and decided to go that route. All in all it kinda brings me back to working on a layout with my Dad as a kid, and being that he grew up in this era in Albuquerque, NM I figured it model that road and set it in the Southwest. Below are some pics of my New Toys, which also means at some point my BNSF stuff may be posted for sale as well ha.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice I've always loved the blue/yellow Santa Fe locos
Northern Pacific history enthusiast
Nice Stuff!! you have a good start going!
Nice looking loco's!
Like LASM said... good start!
Build a Barn! You got three, they's gonna BREED!
VERY nice start to a stable!
Thanks everyone, Now that I have the time I need to stop putting it off and just get to building myself a layout haha.
Build it and they will come. Better git workin on the layout man.
Very nice looking Super Chief passenger train. No need to get rid of the modern BNSF locos. One week a modern layout with SD70ACes. The next week 1941 passenger trains. Thats what I do. I like em all. LOL
Thanks everyone, Now that I have the time I need to stop putting it off and just get to building myself a layout haha.
Building WELL is the KEY! Force yourself to go slow and "1/2 overbuild it" SOLID and STABLE! Anchor it to the floor or wall or both if you can!
Great looking engines Niko ... but why sell your BSNF engines?
Building WELL is the KEY! Force yourself to go slow and "1/2 overbuild it" SOLID and STABLE! Anchor it to the floor or wall or both if you can!
Already got something assembled, put together a 10'x10' "U" shaped bench work consisting of 2'x4' modules in the hopes that when I move it will be easier to take down and put back together. I did this because I rent currently and figure to be in a more permanent living situation within the next couple years wherever that may be. Just really need to come up with a final track plan. In fact I believe I started a thread a couple months ago with my progress but I had a bunch of travel since then so not much work was done other than acquiring more toys haha.
below is the link to my other thread with what I have worked on to this point:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...d-need-thoughts-opinions-on-layout&highlight=
Great looking engines Niko ... but why sell your BSNF engines?
Well I think that is two fold, I think I may end up working with shorter radius curves, and I have a tendency to be a little too detail oriented sometimes so mixing eras might bug me haha. Plus it may prove to be an opportunity to finance some more F Units

Niko,
That sounds fair, especially the being able to finance other units.
Niko,
That sounds fair, especially the being able to finance other units.
To be fair I was given a monthly budget by the railroad financier (aka my wife) that I need operate within haha.
Ahh - I know that feeling VERY well

Anyway I saw a couple ATSF locos and decided to go that route.
Been shopping the clearance racks at Train World Huh? I got two sets of the Fs but only one of the GPs. I'm more a zebra stripe era person.
Very nice looking Super Chief passenger train.
FYI - The high level dining cars were only ever used on the El Capitan - well and later Amtrak.
FYI - The high level dining cars were only ever used on the El Capitan - well and later Amtrak.
Yea, I did notice that and I'm sure I got some of the paint schemes passenger trains and maybe even locos mixed all together on years they were in service.
In terms of where I got these no it wasn't on Train World. I paid $70ea for the GP9s and $120 for the F3 A/B set which are not DCC (I kinda enjoy the decoder install pice). How much were they going for there? Maybe I didn't get that good of a deal?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They should be excellent runners.
I hope so and look forward to getting them running around the layout.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)