Golden White LEDs

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I need a small golden white led to stick in my HOn3 C&S mogul. I have a MV lense without the metal backing on it, but the smallest from Miniatronics is still to long. I need one with the leads out the back of the body and not the sides. Since this is a brass model and a super small engine as well, insulating the leads is important. if someone make one like the T1 3mm LED but half the size, that would be perfect. I normaly solder one lead to the back of the headlight casting, then insulate the other one and run it back to the motor and a 470 ohm resistor to drop track power down to a proper voltage. Anybody have a source for 3 or 4 golden whites with the power leads going out the back of the package and small enough to fit a HO scale brass headlight casting and fit behind the MV lense? Cheers Mike

Well you have 2 choices either use a turned down 3mm led or use a surface mount led and drill a small hole in the MV lens and insert it. I have golden white LEDs in this size.

SMDLED.png


If your interested then PM me or EMail me at [email protected] and I can help you out.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top