ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Since my last layout was destroyed by Tropical Storm Lee,I have been slowly rebuilding,here are a few pic's of what I have been doing.
Mike
Nice work! Not easy coming back after a hurricane.

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Takes not a little courage and determination to rebuild after a disaster. Congratulations. (love that prison road gang)
You're making a great comeback!
Are those animated signs?
Now you need "Lucille" washing her car by the road gang!
I know "Lucille." Picking it up here boss!
All kidding aside, to me, modelling is therapeutic. I get busy and forget all my troubles.
So dive in Mikeymike and let your trouble fade away. Hurricane? What? Huh?
Thanks
Thanks for the words on encouragement guy's,
Lucille?Hmm there's a thought,seems to me "What we have here is a failure to communicate". And No Rico those aren't animated sign's.
Anyhow,here are a few more pics of the layout and its slow progress.
Mike

Love the industrial areas! Nice recovery! Steam & diesel, or just diesel?
I run both steam and diesel,the steam power is used for tourist ride's...
Mike
Okay either you guys have seen some re-runs or you're giving away your ages! LOL
That industrial shot is my fav too, looks like the Geo Roberts building?
Well-Known Member
Staff member
Actually, getting back to Lucille, I think she's in that 190SL just behind the truck's cab. About to pull up and do her washing thing.
Very nice work! I like it. Was anything salvaged from the previous layout?
Gary:
I was able to salvage about 40% of the buildings,as far as my power though that was a different story,thankfully the entire layout and all my tools were insured.Thanks for the kind words also.
Mike
Some of your buildings are getting to be vintage. That's why I thought they were maybe salvaged. Good thing, it's getting hard to replace some of those.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)