FWC RR has most of the track laid. Upper yard-not yet!
I have a video on youtube that shows the 4-8-4 Northern meadering its way around the layout.
I got a good tip from Grampy's Trains about powering all the rail in the switches. I'll have to try that, but for the most part, this engine runs pretty well, plus I have a diesel with only 4 wheel trucks that handles it OK as well.
The only real problem I keep having is with the rolling stock derailing very easily at switches. I suspect I need some extra weight in them. How do you add weight and how much?
I'll have to start on the yard one of these days. It's 24X48" and I'd like to have a turning wye on it, instead of a turntable. Don't know if that will be possible or not. I may build some hidden yard tracks on the lower part of the layout to store extra cars.
Here's the link to youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkr7PML_Cw4
Considering I only got back to this hobby in late January, I'm amazed at what I've accomplished. I love the Internet for reference & ideas! And this forum is great!
I have a video on youtube that shows the 4-8-4 Northern meadering its way around the layout.
I got a good tip from Grampy's Trains about powering all the rail in the switches. I'll have to try that, but for the most part, this engine runs pretty well, plus I have a diesel with only 4 wheel trucks that handles it OK as well.
The only real problem I keep having is with the rolling stock derailing very easily at switches. I suspect I need some extra weight in them. How do you add weight and how much?
I'll have to start on the yard one of these days. It's 24X48" and I'd like to have a turning wye on it, instead of a turntable. Don't know if that will be possible or not. I may build some hidden yard tracks on the lower part of the layout to store extra cars.
Here's the link to youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkr7PML_Cw4
Considering I only got back to this hobby in late January, I'm amazed at what I've accomplished. I love the Internet for reference & ideas! And this forum is great!
Last edited by a moderator:
