ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Here is a link to the most comprehensive article on Pledge with Future Finish aka Future floor wax that I have found. I found it quite informative.
http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html
Yes very informative for painting but doesn't really help with using Future for water, how thick to apply it, how long to wait between coats, etc. would be very helpful.
My guess is that you could apply one or two very thin coats over a painted area if it was not overly porous. My wife bought some of the Pledge Future wax and put it on a laminate floor. I was amazed at the shine just one coat gave.
Done properly, I think you could get very good looking results. That's the problem though...............what's the proper way? I plan on giving it a try on my layout this fall after some experimenting. If it works out well, I'll post my efforts and the results.
I've been fiddling with it. I've found other people complaining that after 2 years... the future floor wax never hardened. After a month and a half, the test pour I did has worked very nicely- but hasn't fully set up.
If simply poking lightly with a finger can dent it or break it... it's not going to be worth it for me. I gues It'll be Magic Water on my layout.
Not to change subject about floor wax but can i paint over the woodland scenics realistic water and start over if i didnt like the results from previous??? I dont think it matters right, paint should stick to the realistic water??? Only saying this because i dont like the way my river bottom looks through the realistic water, i used earth color brown fine turf and a bit of green turf and i thought i would get better results but it just doesnt look very deep this way.
Thinking of just painting black or using black fine turf for a river bottom.
wow... I think you'd have to remove it and start over. Or you could plaster over it and redo. I can't think of an easy solution.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)