Front Railings Part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


santino

Member
In my other post I inquired about putting front railings on an Atlas HO loco. I bought a hands free magnifying glass so now I can see what I am doing. Problem is I am having trouble putting the railings on still. I dont want to break anything, so is it ok to glue one or two on? Or any ideas? Thanx once again.:o
 
I use a small pair of pliers (or you could use tweezers) and a hobby knife. I sometimes will glue the top rails in, as I put the grab rails (the ones that are along the stairs) in place first, and use the hobby knife tip to push it in. I've found the grab rails will stay in place while the top rails, the ones that go into the porch, pop out.
 


If it's difficult to push in, use a pin vise and a small drill to drill out the holes. Then, glue the handrails in with a dab of glue on each of the tabs.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top