ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Proudly modeling the CM, MT & SL in HO Scale
I was holding off on posting these for awhile due to the forum having issues, but now that things are better, I'll post them. (Thank you very much, Bob!

) First up is the rust bucket Chum is Fum and Daffy Duck covered hopper for anyone who didn't see it in the "Share your ghost letters" thread.
Next up, we have a custom boxcar that is also a track cleaner. (It uses the John Allen Masonite pad method, but the pad was removed for the photo) This car is a combination of parody and tribute, and is identical on both sides.
I have more stuff to share, but I'll save that for the next time. Don't want to go crazy with it.

Proudly modeling the CM, MT & SL in HO Scale
Today, I have a pair of custom Presidential units in "house" lettering. I've seen pictures of the UP 4141 on here, (both model and full sized) so I think this is ok, but, just for the record none of this is meant to be political in anyway. I figure since one is a "D" and the other an "R", it balances out. I painted these as part of my own "America 250" celebrations, along with GP18 1776, which I had previously shown on this thread.
First off is 3535, a Spectrum GE Dash 8-40CW.
Next up is the 4547, a Walthers Mainline EMD SD75M custom painted to look like Air Force One. Influenced by UP 4141. The break wheel housing was missing when I took the photos, but Walthers was kind enough to replace the part under warranty. (I bought it brand new, undeccorated)
Hope you all enjoy looking at them as much as I did painting them. I should also mention that both units were painted with nothing but inexpensive craft paint from WalMart.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Definitely liking them!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)