Fixing my numbering mistake

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


gabby

Bob Hayes
I recently acquired a few of the Kato Amtrak cars and on the coaches you put your own number with the rub on transfers provided.

On the sheet there are enough numbers to do 6 cars and six sleepers.

All of the above is fine except I put the wrong numbers on the cars. Any ideas for removing them without removing the paint as well
 
Who will ever notice?

I renumbered a fleet (70+) Athearn BB 2 bay hoppers by using a sharpie marker to hide the last 2 numbers and just took a string of decal numbers and cut them into two number chunks and put them on the cars. the numbers on either sides don't match. Who will notice?
 


we will now that you mentioned it ;)


Who will ever notice?

I renumbered a fleet (70+) Athearn BB 2 bay hoppers by using a sharpie marker to hide the last 2 numbers and just took a string of decal numbers and cut them into two number chunks and put them on the cars. the numbers on either sides don't match. Who will notice?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks gang and I will try the rubber to see if that works

It's amazing how the simplest of jobs turn out to be the biggest by silly mistakes. Have learnt a lesson though

Y3a we know in Australia now as well
 
Who will ever notice?

I renumbered a fleet (70+) Athearn BB 2 bay hoppers by using a sharpie marker to hide the last 2 numbers and just took a string of decal numbers and cut them into two number chunks and put them on the cars. the numbers on either sides don't match. Who will notice?

The only people who would know are you and an Amtrak expert.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top