First try at graffiti on autorack

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


i hope to try and work on it a bit tomorrow. I really suck at weathing and dont know how to go about the roof with the rust. I have no access to my airbrush whatsoever.
 
Well it's not an autorack, but it is covered end to end... and heading down "the one way track" to meet Mr. Torch:
 


These taggers HAVE to be carring a big 10 to 15 foot ladder around just to get access to the higher sides of these cars to be getting thier grafitti up that high. I dont see any other way they couldnt.
 
Ones that are that big and not very intricate I think are done with paint rollers. The one I copied, "STEEL" when you look at a close up pic you can see it was definitely done with rollers.
 
Ones that are that big and not very intricate I think are done with paint rollers. The one I copied, "STEEL" when you look at a close up pic you can see it was definitely done with rollers.

I guess that would be a lot easier. An extendable handle with a roller on the end would help reach.
 
for the more daring modeler:

048Zore.jpg


for what its worth, this car is regarded by many graffitist as one of the best whole cars because it has what writers refer to as style. rarely will you see a car this size with letters so well proportioned and stylized. in most cases, whole cars on autoracks are hard line semetrical work because that can be done in a shorter amount of time. however, well proportioned top to bottom stylized letters are a much harder to pull off. and the one writer who has the market cornered on whole car auto racks, not only with style, but volume, is King 157. if interested and your up for a greater challenge, google image search his name. Here go a couple i could pull up.

king157-fr8-43tg.jpg


king157_whole_car.jpg
 
i'll definitely take a shot at the first one. I have a bunch of images from flikr that i saved to see which i'de like to take on. just gotta get working on getting more autoracks.
 


thanks CC..i actually used to catch the CC at broadway Jct every day after school...but that was eons ago.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top