ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Canadian Model Railroader
I have had a number semi-finished layouts ( i know they say layouts are never done im saying none of them had all the scenery etc.). So for those of you that dont know Lytton BC it is in Canada, (British Columbia). and has a number of beautiful spots for a layout. The trains
Does anyone have any advice for doing this kind of layout?
Welcome aboard fidekel
Seems the spam filter stopped your post probably because of the photos on your first post.
You should be OK now, Wow some great scenery in those shots.
Cheers
Willis
To model the area with that type of scenery will take some space and more than likely, N-scale. But it is very doable.
Canadian Model Railroader
Yeah its going to be in N scale. Also it will be a shelf layout and the room I have to build it in is roughly 10'x10'
is this do able?
Hi Fidekel and welcome!
I know that area well, been on both the CN line and the CP on the bridge below.
Got a little freaked out one night when we were sitting on the CP bridge and a CN loco blew the horn on the upper line... scary stuff when you're as tired as we were!
That would be a great layout in N scale, I think 10 x 10 should do fine.
Canadian Model Railroader
Hi Fidekel and welcome!
I know that area well, been on both the CN line and the CP on the bridge below.
Got a little freaked out one night when we were sitting on the CP bridge and a CN loco blew the horn on the upper line... scary stuff when you're as tired as we were!
That would be a great layout in N scale, I think 10 x 10 should do fine.
thanks for the positive answer

.
i'll do my best to represent the area as best I can
Canadian Model Railroader
Also I cant find an accurate list of which companies run trains in this area?
I know that CPR and CN, but what about VIA/BC Rail. Does BC Rail run in this area? I am also aware of the CPR Empress.
That will be a very scenic layout for sure. Those two bridges are beautiful.
Good luck with the build, keep us updated regularly, with pics, we love pics!
Canadian Model Railroader
That will be a very scenic layout for sure. Those two bridges are beautiful.
Good luck with the build, keep us updated regularly, with pics, we love pics!
Yup theyre actually independent lines if you didnt know.
The top bridge is CN while the lower one is CP
Also I cant find an accurate list of which companies run trains in this area?
I know that CPR and CN, but what about VIA/BC Rail. Does BC Rail run in this area? I am also aware of the CPR Empress.
Actually CN and CP both run Westward on the CN line and Eastward on the CP line now. It frees up a lot of traffic with the one way agreement but it was a real bitch to get track time with all the trains in the way.
As for other RR's there's VIA Rail and the Rocky Mountaineer also running on those lines. (okay... and Sperry and Loram)
Canadian Model Railroader
Actually CN and CP both run Westward on the CN line and Eastward on the CP line now. It frees up a lot of traffic with the one way agreement but it was a real bitch to get track time with all the trains in the way.
As for other RR's there's VIA Rail and the Rocky Mountaineer also running on those lines. (okay... and Sperry and Loram)
Alright thanks for clearing that up for me !
Canadian Model Railroader
I plan on having a river in the middle of the layout (its going to be a shelf layout) so the river will be going around the whole layout and the CP line on one side and the CN on the other.
is this a good idea?
i dont know if its a good idea but it would be really cool
Canadian Model Railroader
i dont know if its a good idea but it would be really cool
the layout in entirety? or just what Im planning on doing with the river?
if so what should I do to correctly model the area?
Been there, done that.
Actually a gent by the name of Doug Hole from the Salmon Arm modellers did the Cisco bridge several years ago. You may want to contact him via the club.
http://www.salmonarmmodelrailway.com/
Canadian Model Railroader
Wow. Thanks for the info

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)