First photos of the year

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


mopacbuff

Missori Pacific RR
Today I finally got a day with no rain, so I took my dog and my camera for a walk to the RJ Corman line at the front of my property.

It was cold out, but the sun made it bearable since I haven't been out of the house for about 3 days (laid up with a bad back), and while there was no action on the line, I just had to take a couple of pics.

Not exciting, but my first of the year, hoping to get out this week and get some pics of actual trains LOL.

MPB

View attachment 23933

View attachment 23934

View attachment 23935
 
Hi MPB,
Glad to know your back is a bit better. I've pulled a muscle in mine from time to time and it's no fun.


I notice something in your last photo that seem rather odd. It appears that on the Left there is a guard rail between the main rails yet on the right it's on the outside? It was always my understanding they put the guard rails in between the main rails. Or is that some kind of derail?

Thanks for the shots.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
David,

There are no guard rails at this crossing, it's just the rails and asphalt. Might appear that way because of the sun reflection. RJ Corman just rebuilt this crossing over the summer, it used to be made out of ties.

MPB
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top