Feb 15 Week(end) Photo fun

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Whoo! Major discovery by the little people! The water in their harbor is solid! And their world ends right here! There must be a supreme being who created all of this!!!!

Edgeoftheworld.png
 
....

Paul, nice shot, I see an upcoming picture of the month there. Did you set up a time exposure and then turn on the ehgine headlights part way through? I often see those kind of time exposure shots for prototypes but rarely on model railrailroads.

That pretty much describes the process. It took a few tries to get what I wanted.
 


Wow Bob, that truly is a great photo. Very inventive!!

Ive got a couple to contribute this week.. Ive been working on a few more buildings, I recently picked up a Out of Production model, the Stamping building from the automotive series offered by walthers a few years ago. Got it for a good price too!
Also got in, and assembled my intermodal crane, it still needs to be painted, and decaled, and weathered but it'll due for now. Picked up a couple new Well Cars, and a few containers and chassis a couple weeks ago at a train show.

icth_IMG_4655.JPG.jpg

icth_IMG_4657.JPG.jpg

icth_IMG_4659.JPG.jpg

icth_IMG_4661.JPG.jpg

icth_IMG_4667.JPG.jpg

icth_IMG_4668.JPG.jpg


Sorry for the small size, You can find the fullsize versions here:
Model RR Pictures

I dont have a program to resize them on my laptop here ... yet. Sorry again for the extra work
 
bob thats great, it reminds me of the film "A night at the museum" were all the animals and model people come to life, spot on, BTW, the cat does not look to fussed by the discovery :)
 
Another great weekend guys . Bob whose the lady in the apron? That is another fine photo .Scott nice shots and modals. Jeffrey good shot of CSX is that hauling coal ?
 
Well it's a 3 day weekend for some of us, so I guess this still counts. Ever think how much time you can put into 1 engine? I got to thinking about it and tried to come up with a faster way. So this weekend I took out all of my engine frames and finished them off. This way, when I'm doing an engine, I can just reach up on the shelf and grab whatever frame I need and it's already 90% done. Gettin smarter in my old age :)

100_1613.jpg


Wheels painted rust
Trucks painted black
Wheels gauged
Sideframes put together and painted
Gears all lubed
Filed off the flash on the frames
Painted frames
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Alco,

I don't have a layout anymore (after moving around for 22 years with the Air Force). So most of the trains are in the boxes packed away except for the engines I keep here in my small office on shelfs. Eventually I'll move and end up with a place that has a basement and I can build my layout. Once I get around to that, then I'll install DCC on everything. I'm sure by then it'll have changed once or twice.
 
Along with Jerome, I was off today. Been working on a wood craftsman kit of a Steel coil car, decaling a BNSF dash 9, and detailing another.

Here's a shot from last week, all my new(ish) Custom rail auto racks (34 shown):
 
Good Idea Jerome . Guess it is never to late to teach us old dogs new tricks . Josh you gonna fill thos babies all up ?
 
Josh, LOL, you're a man after my own heart when it comes to risk transfer. :) Jeffrey, that shed does look pretty rundown, which is a compliment, BTW.

Sorry, I've been kind of out of commision between the tornado and the hand infection but I've ook at all the pictures and, as usual, great work from everyone.
 
Jeffrey, that water tank thows a big shadow right on the backdrop, which makes it easy to tell when the backdrop starts and the layout ends. The scale of the locomotive in the mid-foreground is way out of proportion to the height of the church steeples in the background. I think it would be more difficult to tell where the backdrop was if the buildings were about 25% larger and the hills were smaller and more faded into the backgound. Also, whatever that flat piece of shiny stuff (a CD case, maybe?) is in the lower right corner doesn't help matters.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


This is my small N sclae contribution for this WFF.( it is very late ..just on the edge...)
detailed the farm last week: the back:
f_farmNscaletm_b087e40.jpg

and the front:
f_farmnscaleFm_f3528fc.jpg

the building is about10 X 6 inches

Jos
ps found some old postcards of the farm...and they look almost the same !
f_farmNscaleLm_c46db0e.jpg


f_farmNscaleLm_2100ffd.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top