Feb 15 Week(end) Photo fun

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
248.jpg


247.jpg


245.jpg


244.jpg
 
Nice work on the lighting in that car. I'd hate to see you electric bill with that whole layout lit up!
 


Some photos from Jon's layout

Photos from Jon's basement layout where I do scenery. Long steel trestle was just installed last week and unvailed at the operating session last night. It is slightly over 7' long and really makes an impression.
 
jeffrey as always nice shots/pictures.specialy the last 2! I wished I had a layout and I would take too(!) each day some photographs of it!! never can get enough of it...

mdcustom :WHOW that's green!! I love it!!
And what a trestle!! eek!

Very very nice shots!! Thanks!

Jos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, nice night shots. I can see you're really getting into lighting up the layout. :)

MDCustom, awesome trestle shots. That AT&SF fruit block looks just right up there. Those were the days.

Very well done video, John. I must say that British diesels sure sound a lot different than ours. Seems like you can every cylinder cranking up on yours. My E-7, with two 12 cylinder engines, is more of roar then hearing the engine firing. Actually, it's a real problem beause the engines are so loud it's hard to hear the horn at speed.
 
Her's a few of mine. Jeffrey, this the same gas station as yours. I decided to paint the brick because I couldn't get the mortar lines to look good. I'm not totally happy with it but it's the only one that fit in the space I had available.

GasstationfrontMedium.jpg


GasstationsideMedium.jpg


This is my new BLI E-7. The detail is great although she's not a terrific puller. The Mars light effect is the best I've ever seen. I also got an E-6 B unit and I'm not happy with that at all. Great detail but the trucks are terrible, not free rolling and they squeak like an old Model A so it's up on the work bench now. I think the brake shoe detail is so close to the wheels that that's what's causing the problem. I'll have to take them apart and see what I can do to fix them.

SouthernE-7andE-6Medium.jpg


SouthernE-7inSwampMedium.jpg


SouthernE-7Medium.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, have you tried turning down your engine sounds and turning up you horn sounds? That's worked on my AC4400CW and my SD40-2. But on the 40-2 I have the turbo charger up at its loudest.
 


Jeffery--nice shots, really liked to billboard sign in your first photo.

mdcustom--lot of work on the bridge, looks great! Really great since it
AT&SF going across it.

Jim-- E units look great, hard to beat the older locos for style.
 
johntealon30--missed your video first time thur, nice job! Been a truck mechanic for many years here in the states, that engine sounds like a old 290 Cummins with no muffler! Is that what those engines really sound like?
 
Anthony, I have played with the sound adjustments but it just never seems to get right. If I get the engine so it sounds realistically loud, I can't crank the horn down so it doesn't blow my ears off. If I get the engines noises up higher, the horn almost disappears. I have the same problem with the bell. It's almost like the egine sounds and all the other sounds are out of sync. This is a QSI sound card and I have them in other engines ad haven't had this problem. I think I'll try giving BLI a call Monday and see if there's something obvious I missed. I need to talk to them about the B unit anyway. Those trucks have tolerances on the brake shoes and hangers that are so tight they rub against the wheels. Not only does it cause a terrible squeak but I can't pull more than four cars with the dummy B unit hooked up because the rolling resistance is so high. I'd normally just bend back the offending parts but the trucks are made of that engineering plastic that snaps right back when you bend it. It's hard to believe it left the factory like this. :(
 
spot on gents
after accidentally spilling some wet water on the layout i had a small issue with track allignment,,, like module two's track was 3/16" higher than module one, i had to saw into the end of the module's swollen wood, glue it and clamp it down, looks to be fine now,,, lucky escape that was
 
Nice work all , MD nice backdrops and bridge , Jon love those British Locos , Jim the gas station and engine do look nice , Bob that is one awsesome photo love the work crew , Jeffrey another nice photot, A great start to the President's Weekend !!
 


Another SD-40-2 completed this week.
100_1543.jpg

The latest in my wrecked series.
100_1539.jpg

The 20 sets of trucks for my GP-60 fleet finally got their wheels painted and the trucks painted. 5 trucks are powered and have NWSL wheelsets. The rest are all for dummy units but have athearn metal wheelsets.
100_1548.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top