Ez command dynamis to Atlas track

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Joltdawg

New Member
Alright, I'm a rookie and am trying to challenge myself a little more. I currently use bachmann ez track and want to switch over to atlas sectional track like a big boy. I use bachmann's ez command dynamis wireless controller, but I have no idea how to manually wire it to the new track? I know there must be a way due to the alternate outputs in the power station. Please help this rookie out!

Thanks!

Joltdawg
 
I don't know your kit, but I think you're probably "worrying" unnecessarily :) A couple of Q's first;

- I'm guessing you've just got two wires connected to the EZ track?

- If so, how are they connected to the power supply? To the track?

- It also sounds like there's another set of outputs on the base station? This may be for a programming track rather than the main layout though.

Bachmann don't appear to put their manuals on line :(

Cheers,
Ian
 
There is one wire going from power station to track, its like a 3mm jack on one side and then most likely a proprietary thin box looking connector on the other. It is only one wire but im sure splicing it would show two.

The outputs on the back include the 3mm jack, an I/o port and then a third output that is box shaped and has two points in the middle.

The manual is very unhelpful. All is states is that you can wire it to a pre existing layout using the green connector box or something like that?

There are some videos of the bachmann ezcommand dynamis system on youtube that might give you better visuals of what im stuck working with.
 


I see... i thought about doing that but didn't want to ruin the cable, but i suppose I could just get another one if I ever decided to go back to the ez track.
 
...I could just get another one if I ever decided to go back to the ez track.

Or, you could take the existing ez track connector (3.5mm?) etc into your local Radio Shack and get it's sister - Then add your new wires at a length of choice and you've got the best of both worlds! :)

Cheers,
Ian
 
Excellent thanks for all the info. If I do have to strip the existing wire, how do I know which one is positive and which is negative? And will this be powerful enough to act as a bus?
 
Excellent thanks for all the info. If I do have to strip the existing wire, how do I know which one is positive and which is negative? And will this be powerful enough to act as a bus?

How big is your layout going to be? I'd guess anything up to about an 8x4 will be fine - Maybe tap in to it for a feeder or two on the "far side" (opposite the main feed).

As for +ve & -ve - It doesn't matter - One way "forward" will go CW and the other anti-CW - No harm can be done either way. [Although, if you also run some feeders these *must* be connected correctly.]

Good luck, cheers,
Ian
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top