Ethnic scale figures

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Fedor

New Member
Hi,

Since I took up an interest for modeling African railways it appeared to me that it is very hard to find non-European scale figures.

Has anyone found any African scale figures (1:87)? I don't mean Afro-Americans, who tend to dress and behave more or less like Europeans. Real African scale figures dress different and should show different activities and postures.

Or maybe any of you have some experience in changing European figures into African or Asian figures, including re-dressing them. If so: could you post a how-to?

Since the EAR&H had many Indian/Sikh personnel, I ' m also looking for Sikh scale figures. Funny enough there are more of them but all are military figures.
 
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard!

I would try a Walthers catalog, they may have something or even the web site. http://www.walthers.com/

That is an interesting idea and unique as well, very good! Share some pictures when you can.
 
The hardest part about doing ethnic figures is getting the skin tones right.I worked for years with four American Negros ( all 4 of them would say "Do not call me an African Amercan,I am just a American") anyway back to the point these four all had different skin tones (none of then were BLACK either) and I about drove them nuts custom mixing skin tones till I got each one of them perfect.

I wish I still had some of that paint as my N scale layout is all white folk and that ain't right.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top