ESU LOKSOUND VOLUME CONTROL

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Kusojiji

RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
I just found out that you can control the volume via a function key. It's not as user friendly as a Zimo, but it is better than nothing.

It is easier if you use the lokprogrammer software to make the changes. The Lokprogrammer itself is not necessary if you use JMRI since the CV list from the lokprogrammer software will output a CV list that can be imported into JMRI. Then let your DCC control station write it to the decoder.

Anyway, you just assign the logic function "volume control" to an unused function key. In this case, I used F13. I also included the changed CV output in case anyone is interested.
F13 VOLUME CONTROL.jpg


What this does is each time you press F13, the volume decreases a step. But, once you reach the bottom, the next press puts you back at loud. You could assign the volume control to the F key that has the horn on it, so you can hear what you are doing.

Another option that ESU told me, is that you use fade out instead. What this does is decrease the volume to a preset volume that you set. So, regular volume during the day, fade out volume at night. The fade out logic control is in the same list as the volume control.

Then you set the sound volumes in the sound settings tab.
SOUND SETTINGS VOLUME.jpg


save the config, export the CV list and import into JMRI for loading into the decoder. Easier yet if you do have the lokprogrammer.
 
You can really find out a lot about an ESU/Loksound decoders here :

[email protected]

Welcome to ESU LokSound - Model Railroad Sound !​

Discussion group for users of the ESU LokSound model railroad sound system.
Keywords: Model Railroading, Model Railroad, DCC, Decoders, Digital Command Control, Sound System, Sound Decoders, LokSound, ESU

This group is run by a group of volunteers. It is NOT affiliated with ESU.

Hope this helps....John
 


You can really find out a lot about an ESU/Loksound decoders here :

[email protected]

Welcome to ESU LokSound - Model Railroad Sound !​

Discussion group for users of the ESU LokSound model railroad sound system.
Keywords: Model Railroading, Model Railroad, DCC, Decoders, Digital Command Control, Sound System, Sound Decoders, LokSound, ESU

This group is run by a group of volunteers. It is NOT affiliated with ESU.

Hope this helps....John
What's the process? I click on that link and it wants me to send an email. Then they reply with a link?

Thanks!
 
I use both of those functions all of the time. When I get tired of hearing any or all of the locomotives, I halve the volume level or turn it down some. ESU continues to amaze me with what their decoders are capable of.
Yeah, between them an zimo, they really pack a lot into their decoders. Both have completely different approaches and use differing language in their descriptions, so it is difficult for me to switch between the two. I think I have only 3 ESU loksounds and will check if they have either the volume control or the fade out capabilities set up, now that I am aware of it.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top