es44ac ho scale

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


blackz28

Well-Known Member
I'm not huge into modern diesels but wow the athearn AS44AC LOOK awesome.
Just sayin :)
I saw pics of them in modelrailroader
..they are due out summer 2013
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the subsequent run of the former Tower 55 models from several years ago? I hope the new trucks can fit the Tower 55 models because the top gears on mine have all split. I have three of them.
 


Is this the subsequent run of the former Tower 55 models from several years ago? I hope the new trucks can fit the Tower 55 models because the top gears on mine have all split. I have three of them.
yea there is a video of the updates there doing on them on youtub..
under athearn new for 2013
the drive mechanincs will be athearn and they had to make a new engine that fits the shell from T55
I think the T55 look better then intermountain for sure and there old. Having the Athearn mechanics will make these along with the updated detail that athearn is adding a no brainer.
I've got one on order and will buy another 2 or so once they hit, i might sell my tower 55's off i have since we will have a awesome ESS44AC/DC.
Now if we can only get BWL to make something other then AC6000 that very few flags have and make the Competition even better. Broadway Es44AC or SD70ACE perhaps..
 
On another good note from Intermountain there New NS heritage units have been hitting ebay at some awesome prices how do you beat sound dcc units NS heritage for $164.55--- 185.50 and 89.90--- 121.50 on the non sound units that i followed. Great product for the price can't be be beat. The athearn cheater AC4400 were about 20 dollars cheaper and there ready to run units not the same quality still a great bargain and not a ES44ac.
Great prices so far on both the units that have been up for live auction.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top