ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Thanks Larry, I have seen Lance's site before and he's done nice work. As far as the chain link fence goes I've got more ideas to improve what I've done in that sample since I've got a building kit from Walthers and it had a chain link fence included in the kit. From it I got new ideas to try to improve what I've done. The nice thing is the fence they ship has the same style of tulle as the one I use.
Slowly making progress on the enginehouse. My feline decided to mess around a bit on my table and scattered a few things but, all vital parts have been recovered unharmed. (Anyone want a cat?

).
Painting is done and the walls are together with walk-in doors in place and the engine doors are going in one at a time, plans are for all three of them to be fully open. I started to get the roof layed out for some glue work together too.
The walls are all together with a bit of extra support in the corners which made a significant difference in stability. I also added a couple of extra pieces along the inside of the peak once the roof is installed. These also seem to add some stability although all I have done is test fir the roof at this time.
Still need to add a few details such as signs for each bay and possibly CNW logos above the walk-in doors. Patience is key.
I have been pretty impressed with this kit so far but, keep in mind that it is my first structure. There are a few things that threw me for a loop for a second but was able to get the answers on this forum. My next structure will be just a bit different in the approach, that means that I learned a few things right?

Dang, looks good Carl. I sure wish I had enough room on my layout for an enginehouse as nice as yours but the Prattville and Northern will have to satisfied with it's tiny, one stall brick roundhouse.

Carl,
Did you by chance scan the walls and other parts before you built the building? I was interested in seeing the size of the walls to get an idea on the size for one I may build from scratch.
Dave
I can see this has been completely skipped, Each side wall section is exactly 20' (in HO scale) long, by approximately 22' tall. Then end walls were in 30' multiples IIRC.
Carl,
Excellent job and I really like the kit. Are you going to paint the inside of the engine house? Did you decide to go with a inspection pit? I think you mentioned that in one of the posts. Keep up the good work.
Larry
Larry,
Thanks, I really do like this Pikestuff kit overall, brings good results. I currently have no plans to paint the interior but, I have been holding off on mounting the roof just in case I decide to paint the walls. We shall see.
I am going to hold off on the pit for now and focus on getting more of my layout together and get the enginehouse into it's home.
I realize I'm reviving a very old thread, but I'm curious what the finished product on your layout looked like?
Looks good aswell.
Does anyone know if there are any kit companies that make those roll-up doors for these size openings? The garage door type, but obviously in plastic.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)