ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I don't ever use cabooses on my modeling as I model pretty much all modern, but I thought a good weathering project would be to weather some as being retired and waiting to be scrapped.
Great idea!
I used to deal in RR salvage and your pictures really take me back to my glory days!
Here’s just a few:

Yes. Something different on a layout that is seen in real life yet rarely modelled.
Loving the idea.
I like the idea of an abandoned indutrial siding with a couple old cabooses or equipmen
I like the idea of an abandoned indutrial siding with a couple old cabooses or equipmen
Shoot, some of those would still be fit to be seen on an active 1940s or 1950s caboose track.
I always wondered where old cabooses went to die.
I always wondered where old cabooses went to die.
Actually many that I sold went on to be cabins, outdoor club shacks, and ice cream parlours so they live on!
Only one I can think of went back into service.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)