emergency vehicles in HO scale

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Nice pics, as an Emt I enjoy ambulances of course, at this time I'm building my HO layout and my switches and control panel is out of the front of a Box ambulance, I'll post pics when I can figure this out!
Nice pics here of emergency trucks.
 
sweet!!! I'd like to learn how to build some like that. I'm an avionics electrical technician by trade, so I could go far with a parts supplier and some diagrams.
 
Nice pics, as an Emt I enjoy ambulances of course, at this time I'm building my HO layout and my switches and control panel is out of the front of a Box ambulance, I'll post pics when I can figure this out!
Nice pics here of emergency trucks.

Hi there Jess Red Horse, great on being an Emt & being into ambulances. I was a volunteer ambulance officer for 30 years and did the advanced casualty care course in 1982, where we trained in IV therapy, administering drugs by injection, real time radio telemetry of ECG (Your EKG) back to hospital, defribrillation etc. This was the forerunner to the paid staff becoming paramedics when the government took over the ambulance service and us volleys became redundant. My eldest son is a paramedic (originally a volunteer) and is in charge of the Barossa Valley ambulance, located about 75Ks north east of Adelaide.

My knowledge and expertise were of value when I saved the life of a cyclist in Las Vegas in 2005. Collapsed and blue, no resps. I had him breathing again before the arrival of the Emts. The company had sent my wife and I as a retirement present. I was impressed with the Emt guys.
The pic is a 1:18 model of the Ford F150, the last ambulance that I crewed.
The base was an AMT Ford F150 utility pick-up and the body made from thin sheet alloy plate.
Cheers, Johnno.
 


Circuits for models

sweet!!! I'd like to learn how to build some like that. I'm an avionics electrical technician by trade, so I could go far with a parts supplier and some diagrams.

Hi there V&AL, I am not familiar with electronic component suppliers in the USA, Radio Shack may be the way to go, or Google for stores.

I've recently posted pictures of the models; under construction, finished and operational with short video clips, on PhotoBucket. The links are:

Whole site
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/Robbo2008_70/

Emergency vehicles
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/Robbo2008_70/NX-01/Emergency vehicles/

Model electronic circuits
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/Robbo2008_70/Model Electronic Circuits/

More circuits
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/Robbo2008_70/More Model Electronic Circuits/

New EMV models
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/Robbo2008_70/New EMV models/

Model Auto Circuits
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/Robbo2008_70/Model Auto Circuits/

Soldering guide
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/solder.htm

I trust that they are of some help.

Cheers, Johnno
 
Greetings Jonhno,
Wow, I bet the cyclist was sure happy that you were in Las Vegas when you were...GOOD JOB!

It sounds like you are from outside the USA? Is this correct?

So you are one of Emergency Mediciens Pioneers so to say., Cool, It has changed much as I'm sure you know from your son being in the field.

I love that Ambulance of yours.
Jess.
 
Looks like I'm in good company here, I'm a former volunteer fire fighter. Due to a major highway (for Montana) running through our district, and (until recently) no open container law, we handed more car accidents then anything. Usually 2 or 3 per day.

Now that I think about it, I need to find some apparatus for the layout. :)
 
Hi, Johnno, from the looks of your emergency vehicles, I'd guess Australia? That's a nice looking ambulance. I'm a retired deputy sheriff and paramedic. I've made a few models of police cars and fire trucks for my layout. Don't know much about the fire service since I ran out of burning buildings rather than in but I've done a few fire trucks for my little volunteer station. I don't really have a decent ambulance yet, just one on a Sprinter frame. That's one of my projects still to do. anyway, nice to see you here.

Yoc, no open container law? :eek: I guess Montana is still part of the wild west in ways. The times I've driven through Montana, I often thought it would be a bad place to have an accident since it seems like there's a lot of territory coverd by very few emergency responders.
 
This is the first year we've had the open container law. I hate to say it (you all can say I told you so later) I just ordered up apparatus, fire hall, PD, still not to where I can work on benchwork, and the layout plan is still evolving. Oh well. :)
 
Greetings Jonhno,
Wow, I bet the cyclist was sure happy that you were in Las Vegas when you were...GOOD JOB!

It sounds like you are from outside the USA? Is this correct?

So you are one of Emergency Mediciens Pioneers so to say., Cool, It has changed much as I'm sure you know from your son being in the field.

I love that Ambulance of yours.
Jess.

Yes I'm in Fairview Park, a suburb of Adelaide, the capital of South Australia.

Johnno
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top