EMD E & F unit interiors

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


NC&StL

Active Member
Does anyone make a detailed control area -interior for E and F units? And for GP's/SD's for that matter?
It would sure look nice to have a detailed interior to look at thru the windsheild / windows.
 


Just to add a little more info. The cab interiors on most EMD 1st generation units were painted in "Seafoam Green". If I'm not mistaken, I think you can see this in the Athearn Genesis F-units.

Some of you will remember this: It's basically the same greenish color that many school bus interior ceilings and walls were painted in from the 60s thru 80s.. Also used by the U.S military in the past..
 
I know the green you are talking about, the flat version was used to paint school rooms when I was a kid - 50 years ago.
 
Bob, I remember that! I was in grade school during the late-60s early-70s and remember seeing that distinct color on the walls of the auditorium of the school I attended growing up in New York. Amazing the stuff we remember.

Nowadays it seems that just about anything goes. (I've even seen pink used! - Barf! :eek:)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top