Elevators (for inspiration and referance)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Outback

Low Budget & Old School
I was asked by a friend if I could get some photos of some typical Grain Elevators on the Canadian Prairies for his referance and idea brainstorming for his layout. So, here begins a thread for nothing but Elevators and their various componants for everyone to share. Hope you all enjoy looking or adding your own pics.

For Mark -->

These are in Saskatchewan along the SSR route between Stoughton and Regina and are mainly former Sask Pool elevators. I might also add that they were shot on my cell phone while travelling at 70 mph so my apologies for any imperfect camera angles ;-p

p_00059.jpg


p_00060.jpg


p_00061.jpg


p_00067.jpg


p_00069.jpg


p_00070.jpg


p_00071.jpg


p_00074.jpg


p_00077.jpg


p_00079.jpg


p_00080.jpg


p_00081.jpg


p_00082.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome pictures.
I have already saved them on a file for my HO reference.
I got those pics of the SSR units at Filmore SK-Thanks
Is that your normal route or do you get to other areas in SK.
Thanks again For the pics and keep them coming.

Thanks Mark.......
 


Here's a few more. These are right here in my home town and are two of the three here.

The first one is the Paterson Grain main elevator, and the second one is the former Manitoba Pool elevator now owned and operated by Paterson.

p_00087.jpg


p_00085.jpg


p_00086.jpg



p_00089.jpg

Yes, it has a mural painted on the side that shows the internal process.

Rail side...
p_00088.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top