E-Mail Landing Conundrum

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


GNMT76

Active Member
How do I get replies from other forum users to land in my e-mail's "inbox" rather than the spam folder?

Thanks!
 


Gentlemen,

Nothing you suggest seems to do any good or to lead anywhere promising. I use AOL's e-mail (the "basic" one, not the downloadable one replete with ads). It only allows users to block specified e-mail addresses. I saw no way either to block or allow website addresses. Also there's nothing at all like "this is not spam" function.

Other suggestions?

Oddly, I do get the occasional reply messages from forum users showing up in my e-mail's inbox; most, however, show up in the spam folder.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would put the question to AOL tech support (If it exists) I've never used AOL Email so have no idea how their settings work
 
There *has* to be some way of writing a rule that would direct anything from the domain into a specified mailbox, either user- or program - defined. I'm not familiar with AOL, but this has been true of every email client I've ever used since the beginning of the Internet (and god, do I miss Eudora!).

Oh crap!
 
Is there a reason why you use AOL rather than one of the many other email providers, or have another one as an option that you can use for this forum that will allow you to set this site as safe?
 
If you sign in using aol.com, when you view the spam folder mail you'll see a blue header with 6 option buttons, 1 says Not Spam & will put the specific e- mail in your reg mail folder.
 


That's what I do. However, it doesn't answer the question. I want to prevent them from going into the spam folder in the first place.

If you sign in using aol.com, when you view the spam folder mail you'll see a blue header with 6 option buttons, 1 says Not Spam & will put the specific e- mail in your reg mail folder.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top