dummy loco

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


flager

New Member
Has anyone made a dummy out of a wore out or seldom used loco? If so how did you get smooth running trucks? Thanks Tom
 
I've popped the motor & drive shafts out of a loco and the gears out of the trucks and made a dummy that rolls fine and the headlight still lights up :)
 
I've done that with a proto 2000 gp7. I was thinking about using an older trainset loco like tyco as a dummy.
 


i just found the main gear and drive wheel on mine, popped both out and volla it rolls freely like a dummy, another option depending on the MFG is to pop out the drive truck and replace with a dummy truck...
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top