railflyermodel
Member
Evan posted this on our proboards site tonight. I called him earlier today and his wife said he went into work, I knew he was up to something.
Great work Evan. We're just waiting on T1 samples for the plastick, heat sinks, and axle bushing POM. Otherwise all of the production components for the traction motors will be here in the next two weeks. The Blomberg and HTC trucks will follow afterwards.
Thank you for the support, this has been a lot of work and a huge leap of faith. A $25,000 gamble in simple terms.
Christopher Howard
Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc.
www.railflyermodel.com
Post on railflyermodel.proboards.com by Evan:
I have to post this - I'm sooo stoked. The gears are super and . . . . . THE GEARING WORKS GREAT. I made my little (and I do mean little) test jig today, put the gears on, hooked up the motor and she started to purr.
I then put a little pressure on the wheel and it took quite a bit to slow it down. One of the press fit gears actually slipped before the motor stalled.
Gear noise was evident, however, my Ø1.00 mm drill actually cut a hole about Ø1.25 mm so there is a bit of slop in my fixture, and therefore center to center distance, that would contribute to noise. Once they are encased in the traction motor housing, and the bushings are the correct size, gear noise will be negligible. It is still pretty quiet.
Keep you eyes open for the video that I am sending Chris. WATCH FOR THE REVOLUTION!
Evan
Great work Evan. We're just waiting on T1 samples for the plastick, heat sinks, and axle bushing POM. Otherwise all of the production components for the traction motors will be here in the next two weeks. The Blomberg and HTC trucks will follow afterwards.
Thank you for the support, this has been a lot of work and a huge leap of faith. A $25,000 gamble in simple terms.
Christopher Howard
Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc.
www.railflyermodel.com
Post on railflyermodel.proboards.com by Evan:
I have to post this - I'm sooo stoked. The gears are super and . . . . . THE GEARING WORKS GREAT. I made my little (and I do mean little) test jig today, put the gears on, hooked up the motor and she started to purr.
I then put a little pressure on the wheel and it took quite a bit to slow it down. One of the press fit gears actually slipped before the motor stalled.
Gear noise was evident, however, my Ø1.00 mm drill actually cut a hole about Ø1.25 mm so there is a bit of slop in my fixture, and therefore center to center distance, that would contribute to noise. Once they are encased in the traction motor housing, and the bushings are the correct size, gear noise will be negligible. It is still pretty quiet.
Keep you eyes open for the video that I am sending Chris. WATCH FOR THE REVOLUTION!
Evan
