railflyermodel
Member
Guys,
The following thread is from my engineer, Evan, who is now building some running samples using our latest production samples for our new HTC and Blomberg based drives.
You can keep up with our progress on our forum.
All the best,
Christopher Howard
Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc.
www.railflyermodel.com
I have all the traction motor pre-production components in my possession and am starting to put some together for trials and endurance and all those good things. This is going to be a challenge - they sure don't look that small on the screen - I am going to have to order a bionic eye to assemble these, not to mention looking for the parts I drop on the floor. But this is all being done for a reason - to get you guys the BEST, most accurate scale locomotive miniature on the market, bar none! There are a few dimensional issues with the plastic components, but they are being corrected now, so I might have to do a little creative modeling for these prototypes. But rest assured, the more I fiddle with them now, the more I will learn what method is best to make them function perfectly.
So 'nuff said - here are a few shots of the assembly line - can't wait to get into the shop . . .
All the best - There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Evan
The following thread is from my engineer, Evan, who is now building some running samples using our latest production samples for our new HTC and Blomberg based drives.
You can keep up with our progress on our forum.
All the best,
Christopher Howard
Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc.
www.railflyermodel.com
I have all the traction motor pre-production components in my possession and am starting to put some together for trials and endurance and all those good things. This is going to be a challenge - they sure don't look that small on the screen - I am going to have to order a bionic eye to assemble these, not to mention looking for the parts I drop on the floor. But this is all being done for a reason - to get you guys the BEST, most accurate scale locomotive miniature on the market, bar none! There are a few dimensional issues with the plastic components, but they are being corrected now, so I might have to do a little creative modeling for these prototypes. But rest assured, the more I fiddle with them now, the more I will learn what method is best to make them function perfectly.
So 'nuff said - here are a few shots of the assembly line - can't wait to get into the shop . . .
All the best - There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Evan
