nsconductor
Member
Just wondering if Hydrocal has a shelf life? I found a carton 3/4 full that I have had for about 8 years. If was left in a old house where my last layout was being built. Nobody lives there and and it has been sitting in that house throughout the seasons, and temp changes. It was sealed up and I shook it before use and it came out in it's regular dusty powder form. However, I mixed a small batch per the instructions on the carton 1 and 1/4 cup of Hydrocal to 1/2 cup water. I used that to fill up one of the large rock moulds from Woodland Senics about 8:30pm last night. Checked it again at 9:30pm, still gel-like.... Figured I'd let it sit over night, checked it at 10:30am this morning and still gel-like....but slightly less than last night. Seems like this stuff dried in about an hour last time I used it years ago....but 14 hours later and it's nowhere near dry..... wonder if it has gone bad.
