Do you remember 9/11?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


On that fateful day I was on Mnt Cranmore in New Hampshire helping too ready the ski resort for the coming season.
We had a little radio on in the office and when I heard that all the flights in the USA were ordered on the ground I went outside, I took the lift up too the top of the mountain, got off and stood there when it hit me.

For the first time since the Wright brothers took that first flight the skies now belonged to the winged ones once again.

I imagined these birds all around the country helping the lost souls find their way too the Spirit Lands and alone on that mountain I cried, for those who were lost, for those who had lost loved ones and for those who would some day give their lives avenging the deaths in a war that was sure too come.

I remained there for hours praying and offering sage for the loss of life and for those who were responsible to be brought too pay for their evil deeds.

On each anniversary I try too return to the top of Mnt. Cranmore to give prayers and the offering of sage.

On the second anniversary I wrote a native flute song too honor the people who died and lived too help out in NY, I'd go on to play that honoring song at countless native concerts around the country and "Eagle Skies" would become one of the most requested songs at my concerts.

Although I felt helpless on 9/11/01 a song was born that would remain today as my prayer song for all the people of the USA.

Too this day it takes every ounce of my resolve to keep myself from crying during the playing of "Eagle skies" and this coming week end I shall be playing it again at a public Powwow in my home town.

It is my way of giving back and never forgetting the feelings that I had on that mountain top.

Today I ask the Creator too help heal the hearts of all.
Jess Red Horse of the Northern Black Feet Nation.
 
I was in the hospital waiting room half watching the TV when a plane flew into the WTC,,, that made everyone sit up and listen, when the second plane struck you could have heard a pin drop ten miles away, it was eerily quiet. i shall never forget the fear as i know we had family who planned to go up the WTC that day, they had gone up for breakfast a day earlier thank the lord, the holiday pictures they took from the restraunt at the top at 10am had all the staff in, none of them survived i believe. Bless them all.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top