ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I have seen a device that allows you to easily put N scale cars on track without standing on your head and making sure all the wheels are lined up. You just push the cars down this ramp like device and it makes sure they go on to the rails correctly.
Anyone know if they make one for HO scale cars, and if so, what it is called? I've done internet searches on about 100 different descriptions/names I can think of for one, but haven't gotten any useful hints/hits.
I just searched and happened to come up with this e-retailer for this product, but maybe you can find it elsewhere that is in stock and/or more convenient.
Edit: Rix products (see post below) and Kato both make them as well. Google 'ho scale rerailer ramp' and you should get links to a couple of ebay auctions that offer them for less than $5.
Anyobdy have a source that doesn't charge and arm and a leg for the shipping? I've found the Rix rerailer a bunch of places and it only costs 3 or 4 dollars, but they want 12 to 15 dollars to ship it! Nearest hobby shop is 30 miles away.
Anyobdy have a source that doesn't charge and arm and a leg for the shipping? I've found the Rix rerailer a bunch of places and it only costs 3 or 4 dollars, but they want 12 to 15 dollars to ship it! Nearest hobby shop is 30 miles away.