DIY DCC anyone?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Secondly, I currently pair some of the turnouts together such as on the double crossovers and on passing sidings so that they operate simultaneously. Do I need to seperate them for use with Rocrail or other PC control?

I believe you can use them together, there is some discussion here for Rocrail
http://forum.rocrail.net/viewtopic.php?t=385&sid=6c4e3c7381a2dff7716bb17be994eede
Using "actions" or "using a route" seemed to be the description of how to have it show correctly in the GUI (change one, both show changed position).
 
DIY DCC I built the NanoX-S88 system

I just built the NanoX-S88 system ( With some help from Chuck Bade ).
I must say I'm quite impressed with the system. I built a NanoX-S88 command station. and Gen Li the computer interface. I use JMRI ( Java Model Railroad Interface ) and DecoderPro to run my train. You can also choose to use RocRail
and iRoc for your computer software.
All of this is free software and DIY hardware. You can find more info here.
http://jmri.sourceforge.net/
http://www.tinet.cat/~fmco/home_sp.htm
*******************************
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=iroc-gen-en

Also I am putting videos up of my progress with DCC Train control.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiyGpyKbOKg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top