Ditch light instalation

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




Mark it looks like you deal in some considerable volumes of LEDs here. Is there a preferred store that you are buying these from? The Richmond Controls sight looks pretty archaic and difficult to order from.
 
Mark it looks like you deal in some considerable volumes of LEDs here. Is there a preferred store that you are buying these from? The Richmond Controls sight looks pretty archaic and difficult to order from.

I get all my LEDs from EBay as I found out that they are the cheapest. I got lucky with the round white ones and got 2 3000pc rolls for a nice price. There is a guy that sells Warm White LEDs in various SMD sizes for a good price to. The warm ones ended up being 10 cents each so I bought 1000 to tinker with. They are from Hong Kong and arrived quickly seller is bestshop2008hk. Its a lot better then paying between $2.00 - $3.00 per LED like some of the US sites are charging. I use the 0603 size for my installs. Below are some pics of 2 different LEDs the smaller square one being a 0603 size.

WhiteLED.png


SMDLED.png
 
Mark that traffic cone looks great. And thanks for the link to the seller. I think you lucked out with the round 0603's, it seems like the norm are the square ones.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Mark that traffic cone looks great. And thanks for the link to the seller. I think you lucked out with the round 0603's, it seems like the norm are the square ones.

The round ones are not 0603's the number represents the size as in the following, these are the most common sizes for LEDs.

0402 : 0.040" × 0.020" (1.0 mm × 0.5 mm)
0603 : 0.063" × 0.031" (1.6 mm × 0.8 mm)
0805 : 0.080" × 0.050" (2.0 mm × 1.25 mm)
1206 : 0.126" × 0.063" (3.2 mm × 1.6 mm)
 
Do you use the square ones in your ditch light applications? What are the round ones called, I can't seem to find those ones anywhere? If you are running this as a buismess as far as light installations and don’t want to divulge your source I understand. I am hammering you with questions so I apologize.:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that applies to everyone. Just EMail me with what you have and what you want. I will usually reply to EMails quicker them PM's.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top