Disneyland representation circa 1993

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Wow that is amazing!! You've done a great job at capturing the place. Those attractions are quite something, and the Matterhorn looks like the real thing.

Would it be ok if I post that video over at a Disney fan site I'm a member of?
 


What a Mickey Mouse layout!

(That's a compliment in this particular case...)

The station is very nice, well done. I'd like to see more shots.
 
thanks for all the kind comments. mary and I are proud of this layout but at the same time critical about all the imperfections as we are still learning. please feel fee to share with anyone who might like it. more pics coming. thanks again.
 
Robert, that's a very nice representation of the Disneyland I remember. Did you scratch build all the structures? I'll bet you used up a few light bulbs too. :)
 
more pics

Here we are. we started using every building kit we could find and modify it to look like the real things. we photographed the actual signs from different perspectives and distances and then cut them out and fixed them to the buildings. Lighting all the buildings and spotlights created a need for a larger and separate power supply. Matterhorn, Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain were built completely from scratch. Getting the hang of macro photography of our layout so, any advise is greatly appreciated. That's the Lion King parade float going down Main Street. :D
 


You're not boring us at all. That little layout is fantastic. How many figures do you have? Must be thousands. I had to look twice but I can see how you kitbashed some kits into Main Street. Have pictures of your layout ever been published? It deserves at least a Trackside Photo shot in Model Railroader. I'm a real detail hound on my layout and I know how much work went into all those little scenes. I'm very impressed.
 
Absolutly fantastic!!

The level of detail is amazing. Space looks incredible - so glad you didn't have to go through that horrid brown paint stage from '97. ;)

And the Castle? Wow.
 
Sorry I missed the brown paint stage of 97':confused: we took alot of time with the people creating stories and have yet to even attempt a head count. We once displayed at a small train convention across from Disneyland and it was well received. I can't take too much credit for the castle though, it is actually two Disneyland refrigertor magnets cut and put together back to back. My wife gets the credit for the detail. somewhere in Disneyland (we are still loooking) there is a running man with a tie painted as if it were flying back over his shoulder! She's detail crazy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tell your wife she can come on down and help detail my layout any time she wants. She obviously does great work.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top