Directional lighting question

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Lifted06Titan

New Member
I am new to DCC, so go easy on me.
I bought the brand-new Athearn Amtrak AMD-103 DCC-ready loco.
How do I program it so that the front lights stay on even when going in reverse? I have the NCE powercab and the decoder I installed is a NCE-D13SRJ.
 
I am new to DCC, so go easy on me.
I bought the brand-new Athearn Amtrak AMD-103 DCC-ready loco.
How do I program it so that the front lights stay on even when going in reverse? I have the NCE powercab and the decoder I installed is a NCE-D13SRJ.

The instructions say how to program the loco for Rule 17 lighting which is waht you want.

Just in case you dont have the instructions here you go.

Rule 17 lighting:
Rule 17 refers to how the locomotive engineer operates the locomotive headlights during the
running of the train. The rule varies from road to road but generally requires the dimming of the
headlight(s) when in a siding waiting to meet another train, passing through passenger stations o r
moving within yard limits.
What we want to do:
➙ Use output 1 for the Headlight
➙ The headlight is to be on bright in both directions of locomotive travel
➙ We also want to be able dim the headlight
➙ Use output 2 for the rear light. It is to come on in reverse, off in forward
How to do it:
 Output 1 is already activated by F0 (factory default setting of CV33 =1).
 Configure output 1 as a standard output, on in both directions, yet dimmable when F4 is
activated. Set CV120 to 32 (20 hex). You can optionally set CV120 to 36 is you want F8 to
control the dimming instead of F4.
 Configure the rear light to be on in reverse and off in forward operation: Set CV121 to 2
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top