Digitrax wiring colors

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


wheeler1963

Wheeler's Trains
Folks I need some help. I have a Digitrax DH123 decoder that was installed on an engine I bought. I don't have the instruction sheet for it. Does anyone have the color coding for the wires??

dark blue
black
gray
yellow
white
light blue
orange
red
green

in that order
 
Here you go;

dark blue [They call it violet] - Unused
black - Left side (firemans side) pickup
gray - Motor negative
yellow - F0 reverse
white - F0 Forward
light blue - Common
orange - Motor positive
red - Right side (engineers side) pickup
green - Unused

Cheers,
Ian
 


These are standard colors for all DCC decoders, Jerome. Here are the colors (and how I learned them)

Red = Right Rail (Red is Right)
Black = Left Rail
Grey = Bottom of motor (grey like concrete on the road)
Orange = Top of motor (orange like the Sun at noon)
Blue = Function common
White = Front Headlight
Yellow = Rear Headlight

Anything after that is extra, and can vary from decoder to decoder. Usually Green and Violet are functions 3 and 4 if you have one of these newfangled 4 function decoder gadgets. For a DH123 they are in fact unused.

Personally, I prefer NCE decoders, they feel like they cooperate better.
 
These are standard colors for all DCC decoders, Jerome. Here are the colors (and how I learned them)

Red = Right Rail (Red is Right)
Black = Left Rail
Grey = Bottom of motor (grey like concrete on the road)
Orange = Top of motor (orange like the Sun at noon)
Blue = Function common
White = Front Headlight
Yellow = Rear Headlight

Anything after that is extra, and can vary from decoder to decoder. Usually Green and Violet are functions 3 and 4 if you have one of these newfangled 4 function decoder gadgets. For a DH123 they are in fact unused.

Personally, I prefer NCE decoders, they feel like they cooperate better.

Nathan, now that makes it really easy!! I should have called this thread "DCC for Dummies"!!!! Like me!!! LOL
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top