ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I saw a pretty neat consist today when I left work, The train was headed west to chicago all four engines were in the YN3 paint scheme the consist goes like this
ES44DC
6 axle yard slug #1006
SD40-2 remote equipped unit and mother to the slug
MP-15 #1170
Its usually the crappiest gp-40-2 in the lead and the new evolutions in the rear at least thats how we get the power out of Willard OH, enroute to Cleveland
Interesting, I usually see the exact opposite over in Boston.
The crappiest, oldest engines are in the rear most of the time. Sometimes on long consists they're in the middle. Rarely have I seen one on point.
Interesting, I usually see the exact opposite over in Boston.
The crappiest, oldest engines are in the rear most of the time. Sometimes on long consists they're in the middle. Rarely have I seen one on point.
A majority of the time big power is in the lead, but sometimes you will get absolute junk that should have been demoted to yard service in the early 90's
A majority of the time big power is in the lead, but sometimes you will get absolute junk that should have been demoted to yard service in the early 90's
lol funny you should mention that as most of the locos I see are yard engines. I differentiate them from the road engines by the length of the consist.
Most of the time what I'm passing by when spotting these locos is the engine terminal of CSX's Beacon Park Yard in Boston. So it would make sense that many of them are doing yard service.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)