Details on the front of an SD40-2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


cncproadwarrior

North of the 49th
Railpictures.net is a goldmine for modellers. I found this picture of the front of an S40-2. Notice the white hand painted outline on the plow.









Copyrighted Photo remove

Please respect Copyright, unless you have permission from the owner do not post or upload copyright photos. :mad:

Willis
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice picture! Unfortunately that's not an SD40-2, its a GE! Also, I'd recommend you delete the uploaded picture an link to RP instead!
 
Nice picture! Unfortunately that's not an SD40-2, its a GE! Also, I'd recommend you delete the uploaded picture an link to RP instead!

Just curious, but why the recommendation? I tend to post photos instead of links, but mostly cause I don't know how to leave a link!:)
 


right click the photo, select copy location then hit this button
insertimage.gif
and past the link in there all done
 
Just curious, but why the recommendation? I tend to post photos instead of links, but mostly cause I don't know how to leave a link!:)

The photos on RP are copyrighted so you need permission from the photographer to post them. However just posting a link isn't a copyright violation.

to post a link to something you just have to copy whats in your address box when viewing the page you want to link to. RP has the link above the photo, just copy that and then paste it in your post.
 
Just curious, but why the recommendation? I tend to post photos instead of links, but mostly cause I don't know how to leave a link!:)
This is the main reason:

The photos on RP are copyrighted so you need permission from the photographer to post them. However just posting a link isn't a copyright violation.
ALL Photos are copyrighted by default! You DO NOT have the permission to re-post someone's photos, from anywhere, unless they have given you permission, or the photos are cited as "GPL" or "GFDL".
 
Last edited by a moderator:
right click the photo, select copy location then hit this button
insertimage.gif
and past the link in there all done
That's called "hot linking", and is generally shunned against on the internet. It steals bandwidth from the site owner w/o the proper recognition.

Copy & paste the URL in your browser's URL bar, which will give us a link to the image you want us to see, on the page it originates from.
 
This is the main reason:


ALL Photos are copyrighted by default! You DO NOT have the permission to re-post someone's photos, from anywhere, unless they have given you permission, or the photos are cited as "GPL" or "GFDL".


Ok, thanks for the info, never really thought of this before. Leaving a link sounds like the way to go!
Thanks.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top