Detail Part Question

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I find Overland's horns to be a bit oversize, so you might try Details West. By the way, what's someone from Cincinnati doing modeling the Dallas, Garland and Northeastern? :)

Edited to add: Detail Associates makes a plastic horn kit, which can be built to virtually any configuration up to five bells. Not the easiest thing to do, but a sure thing. Each kit contains two complete horns.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Yeah, that should be that kit, the 5/3 one.

But as for Overland being oversize, at least the have the K3LA that BNSF uses, NO one else makes a K3LA.
 
I thought DW just recently came out with one. I'll check my parts inventory tonight.
 
RCH said:
I find Overland's horns to be a bit oversize, so you might try Details West. By the way, what's someone from Cincinnati doing modeling the Dallas, Garland and Northeastern? :)

The reason I am modeling that unit is becuase the DGNO has a sister operation here in Cincy called the Indiana & Ohio Railway, both I&O & DGNO are owned by a parent company called RailAmerica & that is the corporate paint scheme Red/Gray, plus RailAmerica sends power from various roads anywhere on there system that is why they have a plain paint job so all they have to do is change the reporing marks not anything else. There are 2 Indiana & Ohio GP40's on the DGNO right now as a matter of fact.

That is my reason, thanks for all the help!
 
Okay, I learned they were RailAmerica after researching some of the cool leasers they had, but I didn't know IORY was, too. I'll keep an eye out for these locomotives for you and see if I can't get a shot from a bridge sometime.
 
If you find the DW part naumber, I'd love it, I need about 2 dozen as of now.

Ah, you were right, Josh. I was thinking of this: (see attached image)

It's one I've been waiting for a long time to see.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
AHHH the RSL-3L-R3! I gotta wonder why there's no K3LA's, besides the Overland part, when BNSF & NS units use K3LA's?
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top