Ceresco2063
New Member
New to DCC, my expierience was with anolog and the Arnold block system in the early 80's.
I have the outer twin track loops layed and blocked. Now a few questions.
In the crossovers do the two circuits need to be isolated, the inner loop, isolated from the outer loop. Isolating the passing rail at stations and along routes seems easy, but it appears the KATO crossover or 8 turnout option appears to be a differant issue.
If I run analog equipment on spurs and I open that circuit to bring a main line unit in to pick up units on the spurs how do I switch select them from analog to DCC then back to analog, without carry over voltage.
My sound like simple questions to some, but not an electrical engineer, and want no issues with the volumn of track and yards planned. Right now I still have the two freight yards unpowered, and the main station loading lanes unpowered. I am using 4 #4 turnouts on crossovers and isolating each loop but appears when I switch to take unit from outer to inner loop there is a 'spike' as unit accelerates then resumes after it clears turnout crossover section. Looking at the KATO 20-210 crossover, to replace the #4 crossover currently in use, but need to know of any electrical issues.
I have the outer twin track loops layed and blocked. Now a few questions.
In the crossovers do the two circuits need to be isolated, the inner loop, isolated from the outer loop. Isolating the passing rail at stations and along routes seems easy, but it appears the KATO crossover or 8 turnout option appears to be a differant issue.
If I run analog equipment on spurs and I open that circuit to bring a main line unit in to pick up units on the spurs how do I switch select them from analog to DCC then back to analog, without carry over voltage.
My sound like simple questions to some, but not an electrical engineer, and want no issues with the volumn of track and yards planned. Right now I still have the two freight yards unpowered, and the main station loading lanes unpowered. I am using 4 #4 turnouts on crossovers and isolating each loop but appears when I switch to take unit from outer to inner loop there is a 'spike' as unit accelerates then resumes after it clears turnout crossover section. Looking at the KATO 20-210 crossover, to replace the #4 crossover currently in use, but need to know of any electrical issues.
