dcc reversing section question

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


stevelton

New Member
Im kind of planning for an HO layout that I will be building after I get the garage built sometime next year.

Ive got quite a bit of expirence with digitrax, but one thing Im not certain of.
If I have a reversing section, be it a wye or balloon, and I want to use distributed power on long modern coal trains, do all locomotives in the consist need to be in the same reversing section at the time when the polarity is changed?

I would hate to have a 25 car coal train with a pusher on the back and the 2 lead engines hit the gap and make the section reverse, and now the pusher changes even though it hasnt even got into the reversing section yet.

Hope that makes sence.
I plan to use universal consisting if that makes any difference.
Steven
 
Steven,

The rule on reverse loops is that you can only cross one end of the loop at a time. In other words, the train must be shorter than the reverse loop section. You can cheap on that if you plastic wheelsets in your rolling stock. The metal wheelsets in your rolling stock will also trip the reverser if your train is longer than the reversing section.

Hope this helps!
Glenn
 
It does help. Thanks, that was what I was afraid of. Guess it was good in find that out now so I can adjust the track plan a little to accomadate that.

Thanks for the help
Steven
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top