ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Why did you have to make the FP9As so nice? You'd think forcing me to get the 6525 would be enough... But nooo! A shop on eBay just HAD to have 6507 w/sound at 30% off list. So now 6525 has a brother on the way. Hopefully the wife won't notice for a while...
This issue of the FP's was a labour of love for Jason Shron, and it was a long haul for him with thousands in development coast, not to mention just the travel back and forth to the factory to nit pick and to release it with everything darned near perfect. What a beauty. A bit rich for me, and I have some BLI steamers due in the next eight months...they come first.
This issue of the FP's was a labour of love for Jason Shron, and it was a long haul for him with thousands in development coast, not to mention just the travel back and forth to the factory to nit pick and to release it with everything darned near perfect. What a beauty. A bit rich for me, and I have some BLI steamers due in the next eight months...they come first.
Nice loco Robert!
(not a Bob, right?)
Just buy a bunch of cheap Tyco's and put them on the display shelf.
Then slowly over time replace them with Rapido's and such... the wife will never know!
Nice loco Robert!
(not a Bob, right?)
Just buy a bunch of cheap Tyco's and put them on the display shelf.
Then slowly over time replace them with Rapido's and such... the wife will never know!
I'm impressed with the oustanding detail....and F-units are my favorite without a doubt. Would be nice to have one of these Rapido's to display.
That said, in the course of everyday bashing some of my N scale FT's lose airhorns and grab rails occasionally....and as long as they pull lots of cars I'm happy and stopped having fits over it.
Nice loco Robert!
(not a Bob, right?)
Just buy a bunch of cheap Tyco's and put them on the display shelf.
Then slowly over time replace them with Rapido's and such... the wife will never know!
Ha! She's much too clever for that... Tootnkumin had it right. Nah, the new one will just magically happen to appear on the layout at some point. "Oh yeah, I got that one a while back... But nevermind that, just listen to how awesome they sound together!"
If the FP9 is any indication, the GMD-1 will be just as amazing. Although with them relaunching the LRC first, I have a feeling we won't see the GMD-1 until 2014 at the earliest. Unless they get enough additional cash flow from the Canadian and FP9s to do both a the same time. One can hope!
I bought two of them and was so pleased I bought a third! And they run superbly too. Can't wait for the GMD-1.
If the FP9 is any indication, the GMD-1 will be just as amazing. Although with them relaunching the LRC first, I have a feeling we won't see the GMD-1 until 2014 at the earliest. Unless they get enough additional cash flow from the Canadian and FP9s to do both a the same time. One can hope!
__________________
I got lucky with that one... But M.B.Klein had a decent price on them (not sure if they ship to Canada), and I've seen some Canadian vendors sell them for $270-280/pop. Beats MSRP...